Scalp micropigmentation or scalp tattoo is a non invasive treatment to give impression of full hairs on the scalp and it is for people with thin hairs or receded hairlines or patchy baldness. It is basically a procedure where inking is done to the scalp to give look of buzz haircut.
This is also useful for those patients where hair transplant is not desired or not possible or has been done but results are not good.
KALOSA CLINIC is the best clinic in DELHI NCR for scalp micropigmentation. Dr Ashish Khare is an ISHRS trained surgeon with excellent past results with this technique.
Let us look at some FAQs regarding scalp micropigmentation –
- Is this technique painful?
Usually a local anesthetic agent would be inserted before starting the procedure, hence needling is not so painful henceforth.
- How many sessions are usually required?
SMP is a gradual layering of ink in scalp, hence multiple sessions are usually required to give adequate density and desired look to the scalp. Each session lasts 4 to 6 hours and is spaced 2 to 3 weeks apart.
- Is this method permanent?
SMP is a semi permanent method as ink keeps fading and touch ups are required after few years, usually 4 to 6 years.
- Are there any precautions to be followed post SMP procedure?
Following are few precautions to be followed post SMP:
- scalp should not get wet 5 days post procedure
- you should avoid sweating exercises 5 days post procedure
- adequate sun screen to be applied and sun exposure to be avoided for a month
- adequate moisturizer to be applied after 5 days to the treated area.
- Are there any risks involved?
SMP may come with rare risk of allergy to ink and infection.
- Are there any contraindications to this therapy?
Patients with active infection or cancer at scalp, keloid prone or on blood thinner drugs should avoid this treatment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, TALK TO OUR EXPERTS TODAY.