Let us see some FAQs related to this field of plastic surgery.
Reconstructive surgery involves repair and restoration of body function through repair of body tissues that improves quality of life.
What are the different types of reconstructive surgery?
The different types of reconstructive surgery are
- Congenital defects like cleft lip and palate, ear deformities, hypospadias etc.
- Developmental abnormalities –
- Trauma/Injuries – cut injuries , hand transplant, face transplant etc.
- Tumors/Cancers – reconstruction after tumor removal eg skin closure, breast reconstruction after carcinoma breast removal
- eg where skin grafting etc. is useful
- Severe degree of burns
- Hand abnormalities like arthritis, ganglion, contractures etc.
- Scar revision
- Nerve regeneration
- Bone regeneration
What are the different techniques used?
There are different techniques which are used eg
- skin grafts – split thickness grafts, full thickness grafts etc.
- flaps – local flaps, free flaps etc.
- tissue expanders
For more information, kindly book an appointment and visit our clinic.